Today, I took Dillon to get his TB shot and then picked up a copy of his shot records and also a print out of his check up scheduled for the 22nd. Then we went to the school and got the registration packet so I can fill it out and turn it in Friday when I register him for school. He has to wait until Friday to have his arm "read" from the TB shot, so that afternoon I can register him for special education pre-school. Then Monday he will officially start.
I am so not ready, but seeing his classroom and the lunch room really helped to alleviate some of my anxiety. He got to play with the kids that were there today, which most were in class. I am really excited for him, but it still makes me come to tears thinking about not having him home all the time and that I will miss all of the new things he is learning and doing.
I also have a list of things to buy and I need to find more shorts for him. The teacher said she prefers elastic waist because he will be learning self help and also it is easier when they start to teach him potty training when that time comes. I forgot to ask when I will have to buy his uniform (it's just a t-shirt).
I am really glad to have the rest of the week with him though. That is a huge relief for me. I can give myself some time to emotionally prepare for Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment