Sunday, November 7, 2010

Just Some Things

I can admit, it was a pretty good day for us. Dillon and I went to the swap meet at Aloha Stadium with a friend of mine, Katherine, and we searched for a couple of Hawaiian dresses for the baby. We ended up finding 3 that I loved enough to buy, they are bigger sizes though. But that works, I think the cute dresses look better on toddlers rather than new borns.

Dillon said a new word tonight. He was playing with his mini magna doodle that came with a Toy Story 3 drawing book and I asked if he wanted to draw (he had been making me draw on it) and he said "drah." It was very exciting! I am going to be so sad when he starts school and I won't get to hear him say things for the first time. I will really miss that, it is a special moment between us.

I heard some bad news this evening. Mr is playing on the xbox 360 and one of the people he's playing with is a friend of ours (we have known he and his wife for many years now). They have a 3 year old son, Hayden, who was diagnosed with Retinoblastoma some time between his first and second birthdays and this past summer they said he was finally cancer free. The dr's had also said there was a small chance of the cancer coming back. Well tonight our friend told Mr that Hayden was back in the hospital because the cancer came back. He turns 4 this coming December. I cannot even imagine going through what they are or seeing my son go through any of that. Of all the chemo and radiation and everything else, Hayden's poor little body can only take so much. I hope that he can finally beat this cancer for good this time. He's already had his eye removed and has a fake one in place now. He doesn't deserve this and neither do his parent. They are all such good people. It really breaks my heart :( No innocent, helpless child should have to endure that kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment