Wednesday, November 10, 2010

New Term Today

Today, I start a new term of classes at school. I am taking two classes; Personality Development and Exploring The 1960's (it's a social science class). I managed to make it to seminar this morning for Personality Development. With the time difference I didn't go to any seminars last term for either class I was in. It's basically a chat room where all of the students come together to discuss the material from that week and ask questions or anything else, with the professor. The professor usually has audio, so you can hear them speaking. I really like them, a lot of information is discussed and gone over. I hope I can manage to attend this seminar each week at least, if not the one for my other class as well.

I've come to terms, well for the most part, with Dillon starting school on Monday. It's still hard to accept emotionally, but I am doing better than I previously was when thinking about it happening. It's just happened so soon it feels. Almost like it's too soon. But it will be great for him and seeing the classroom and cafeteria helped me feel a little better about it...so we'll see. I need to go buy a back-pack for him and also the things on the list from the teacher. I was hoping to order his shirts but I never got an email from the woman at the school working with us, yesterday. He will have to wear a "uniform" t-shirt every day.

Tonight we're going to dinner, I have no idea where yet, but I am looking forward to it. I am thinking maybe Chili's or something. We've gone to Buffalo Wild Wings the last few times so I kind of want a break from wings. I would say we should go to Kobe Steakhouse, it's a hibachi grill, but I'm not sure how that would work with Dillon. Plus it's always packed.

I do know I am pretty tired already and it's only just after 8:30 am. Dillon woke up around 5:30 am (ish) so...I've been up since pretty early. I am definitely going to try to take a nap this afternoon. I wanted to yesterday afternoon and I was tired enough, but I had recieved bad news. A close long time family friend of mine died yesterday in a farming accident. It was very tragic. So that had me upset yesterday afternoon and I cried again when Mr finally woke up and I told him and could finally get a hug.

Things like that just really put it into prospective how short life is and how quickly it can end.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your friend. :-( You should try the japanese place with Dillon...my friend Tara and her family always go and she has a baby and a 4 year old. They squirt alcohol into the adults mouths and they squirt orange juice into the 4 year olds...he LOVES it and always wants to go there...but then again Dil might not like the idea of something being shot into his mouth...hmmm..you should try it! Love, Kelly

    ReplyDelete