Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Cheer

It was a very long, exhausting, fun and exciting Christmas Day for us!

After I finished wrapping Boog's presents (only a few were left) on Christmas Eve and Santa made his stop at our home, I went to bed. Around 12:30 am I woke up in terrible pain from my wrists. So I tried to shake it off and get comfortable to go back to sleep. I woke up again at 1 am and kept waking up every 10 minutes until 2. I gave up at that point, got up, went to the bathroom, got a drink and took some Tylenol. I also put on my splints to see if that would help. I finally fell back asleep around almost 2:30 am and woke up again at 3:45 in terrible pain again. I kept waking up about every 15-20 minutes after that and around 4:15 am I gave up trying to sleep. So Mr and I got up for the day. His lower back was sore, so he took a shower and I went downstairs, plugged in the tree and called my grandparents (since it's a five hour time difference from here to where they are in Florida).

We phoned the rest of our families after Mr got out of the shower and Dillon finally woke up around 6 ish. So Mr went up and got him and once he was awake, we started opening presents. Mr's mom downloaded skype and we used the video chat while we opened our presents. It was the first time she has seen Dillon other than photos, so it was a real treat for all of us!

After we opened all our gifts and picked up the paper mess, we relaxed and played with some of the goodies we each had gotten. After gifts were opened at Kelly and Dad's we were able to video chat with them on Skype! Dillon got his Pap and Nana a webcam for Christmas and we asked them to open it last night so they would be able to download skype and have it all ready to go by today. So that was really nice for all of us too. I am glad that family can see us in real time and not just still photos while we are here in Hawaii. Too bad I hadn't thought of it sooner!

I managed to get a nap while Dillon did and of course I woke up, my wrists killing me. And that was only about a 2 hour nap. I am going to call my midwife at the ob/gyn clinic on Monday and ask if I can be seen before my next appointment, which isn't until the 6th. There has to be something that can be done, the splints aren't working anymore, Tylenol isn't working long enough...I can't suffer this way for the next 10 weeks and possibly longer. I did google pregnancy carpal tunnel this morning after I had taken some Tylenol and found that I should call my dr if the pain interferes with daily activity or sleep and it surely interferes with sleep. It's strange though, I only have problems at night when I am sleeping (or napping during day). Pretty much if I am laying down it seems. And since I am very far along, I can't be sleeping on my back anymore so my sides are the only option and lately whichever side I am on, that wrist starts hurting even more. I don't understand it. I have gained far less weight at this point in my pregnancy this time around (with Dillon I gained 80 lbs total and at 29 weeks I had only gained 16 lbs this time), so I don't understand why I am having more physical problems than I did with Dillon.

Tomorrow we are going to my third 3D ultrasound session, hopefully Maliya gives us a good post-Christmas present and cooperates so we can have our photos, dvd, etc and not have to go back again! Cross your fingers, please.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I did and I am certain that my family did as well. I won't go through the list of the goodies I got, but I'll list my top 3 favorites which are the 160gb iPod from Mr, a 14 megapixel Canon Powershot point-and-shoot camera also from Mr and a white gold necklace and charm that is a heart and says "MOM" in the middle with diamonds down one side of the heart from Dillon. I also do love my new comforter too...Mr did a good job picking it out, it is really pretty and I can't wait to sleep with it tonight!

Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment