Wednesday, December 29, 2010

He Makes Me So Proud

This afternoon after Dillon woke up from his nap, he was back banging on the loveseat in his room. The slight squeak was enough to wake me over the baby monitor, from my nap on the couch downstairs. My hips were hurting and I really did not want to get up and climb the stairs to open his bedroom door if I didn't have to. There are about 8-10 steps, a landing, 2 steps, another landing and then 8-10 more steps to the top. I get so out of breath just going up them...even at only half way...no matter how slowly I go.

So I yelled his name a few times to get his attention and then told him several times to "open the door" along with a few "come on" thrown in there for motivation. I hear a quiet boing from his doorstop and then some footsteps on the carpet. A few seconds later I hear pitter-patter on the tile and see his little face!! He had twisted the knob and pulled open his door all by himself for the first time! He can open twist and push doors, but never a twist and pull door before. It was exciting and I was so proud of him. I gave him kisses, hugs and lots of praise to show how proud I was of him for doing such a good job! He saved Mommy the hassle and pain of going up the stairs and making her so out of breath on top of it all.

Other than that and our quick trip to Target this evening, it has been a slow and lazy day around here. I worked on the baby's blanket on and off and Dillon watched some tv, a movie and played on and off also.

Despite getting a nap and Dillon letting me sleep until 7 am (which is quite late for me), I am so tired now. With each trimester I have gotten progressively more tired than the last. I never got that trimester or even a few weeks of having energy and feeling great like I did when I was pregnant with Dillon. Of course him being on winter break doesn't really help a whole lot because he's here and some days just driving me absolutely batty! He goes back in less than a week...hopefully we can pick up those cry/pout free departures when I drop him off like we did the last week and half before he went on winter break. I'd hate to have to start all over again with that.

Hope everyone had a happy Hump Day. Only a few more days left in 2010...

No comments:

Post a Comment