Saturday, December 4, 2010

Internet Outage

I've been MIA the past couple of days, I know. Our internet was not working, there had intially been a service outage in the are due to maintenance. Well our internet still wasn't working the next day so I called and they needed to send a technician here to check out the problem. And he didn't come until today, so that was three days with no service.

Turns out a different technician must have read a service ticket wrong and "accidentally" came to our address and shut off our internet service! I know this because the tech that came today showed me the device that they have to put in place when they turn off service and said they are the only ones who can put them on and take them off. So I was not happy about that, at all. I had a paper due days ago that I couldn't finish and post on time. Thankfully I had my professor's email address and could email her from my Blackberry. And she was so understanding, she said not to worry about it and have a good weekend. I am lucky she's like that because she definitely doesn't have to be!

Dillon has been doing great in school since going back after being sick. He had been out Monday and Tuesday and when he went back Wednesday it had been a whole week he was out of school between sickness and the holiday weekend. His teacher said he jumped right back into the routine with ease and then yesterday we chatted for a bit also. He had been soaked so one of the aides took him to change his diaper and clothes before I took him home. His teacher said that he said the numbers "1, 2, and 3" at random, which he can count to 10 so that was no surprise. We talked about how he is trying to say some shapes now and is doing so so well! It was exciting!

Boog got a haircut last night at the salon, he did so well and looks extra handsome! He makes me so proud...sitting there all grown up and calm. Afterwards he was all smiles and giggles, as if he knew just how handsome he looked or something.

Monday afternoon Mr and I are hanging outside Christmas lights! Well, Mr is hanging them since I can't be climbing on chairs. But I'll hand him the little hooks like last year and then help put out the solar powered candy canes around our walk-way. I'm excited, it is going to look so pretty! We have colored icicle lights to hang and then the solar powered candy canes. I also have a little snowman from last year that is staked into the ground, plugged in and all lit up. I also had bought a hanger and a plastic wreath for outside of the screen door since our front door won't close with it on there. It's got sparkly balls on it and smells like real pine even though it is plastic. I love Christmas time! And I bought little command sticky hooks to try for our stockings. Tis the season!

I might take Dillon to see Santa tomorrow and get photos taken. I want to get them done and into the cards so that I can have those mailed out this coming week. I also need to mail several packages on Monday too. Have a happy weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it just the pits when things don't work the way they're supposed to? We have flaky Internet sometimes too and it bugs the stew out of me!

    Love your blog background! So festive!

    Shannon

    Webbisodes
    http://ourgatorzone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete