I really do love this time of year. I have a very dear friend who recently got out of the Navy and moved across the country back to her home state. She's going to school full time and has a little boy who is almost a year and half (roughly). We were talking one day about Christmas and she mentioned how sad she was that money is so tight that she wouldn't be able to afford much, if anything, for her son for Christmas. This just broke my heart...even more so because I consider her a close friend of mine.
So...I did a sneaky thing. I nonchalantly asked questions to get ideas what kind of things her son liked and what types of things she was into. She is a girly girl so that was more than enough information for me! I bought her son two things and then bought her a few things I thought she would like and mailed out her package this past Monday with a few others I needed to send out. She had no idea and I didn't tell her to expect anything (she thought it was a card when I said to watch her mailbox in about a week).
Well she got her package today and I told her that her son has to wait until Christmas to open his but if she couldn't wait, then she could open hers today. She said she did but put it back to re-open it on Christmas. It really makes me feel good inside knowing that I made her day a little brighter than it was. I love giving gifts to the people I love and care about, not even just at Christmas time. I've been known to randomly send things to people here and there, for no reason at all! It just gives me a really good feeling to know that I made someone smile or possibly gave them a good day because I saw something I thought they would like and sent it to them and they were totally unsuspecting.
Dillon had a great day in school today, he even woke up from his nap a little late so I had to wait for him after school let out. Then he wanted his juice and his cup had been forgotten in the classroom so he and his teacher went back and got it while I chatted with the two aides in his classroom. I'm so proud of his progress since starting school. He tries more often to say words and the words he already can say are becoming so much clearer! It's been very exciting to say in the least. Infact, he just appy sah (apple sauce) for the first time!!! He was eating some after eating his chicken, while he waited for his fries to finish cooking in the toaster oven. I am so excited and proud, I cannot even put it into words!!!!
:) That was nice to do for your friend!!! :)
ReplyDeleteKelly