Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sleepy Sunday

Goodness, I didn't realize it's been almost a week since I last blogged. Time sure got away from me!

I ended up going back to SDEC on Thursday morning after I dropped Boog off at school. My ear had been hurting really badly all night. The doctor thinks it is more of an ENT issue, so she put in a referral to see them and she also said she would put in a prescription for a Z-Pak but it would be my choice to take it or not. She didn't think it would really do much since she's certain I don't have a sinus infection, so I didn't pick it up because I agree. She thinks it's likely the viral infection Dillon had the week before and is still getting over. I concur. I've just got the congestion, which of course is exhausting and not fun at all. The coughing and constantly blowing my nose.

Dillon hasn't been feeding himself at school with a fork for some reason. His teacher wrote a two page letter, basically lecturing me about how I am keeping him from being independent. I replied with a two page letter stating every thing he does that is independent...in detail. Then Friday when I picked him up at school she said apparently he will eat with a fork but only if it is something he likes. He eats perfectly fine at home with a fork. She also said he looks confused at the soap when he's washing his hands at school. Funny...because here he surely knows what to do with soap and washing his hands. He washed them 3 times yesterday on his own. I honestly think there is just too much going on at school for him to focus. He is not shining with his skills at school like he does at home and the pace of school versus home is the only thing that is different. His teacher has said a couple of times that Dillon has an extremely short attention span...which we've known. He has always been that way. So of course it will be a little harder for him to focus at school with kids around and things constantly happening compared to home where it is just him as the only child and the pace is much more slow and calm. I hope time can fix this issue because she really isn't seeing him act to his full capabilities like he does at home. He hasn't been going to school long so we'll see if time can get him situated.

I am 34 weeks pregnant tomorrow. Time is really dragging these final weeks. I am ready to be done. I'm tired. Tired of being sick. Sick of having pains everywhere. But there is still so much to get done. I have to still buy the swing and bouncer, hopefully once we get our tax money back. I need to wash all of her clothes in the coming weeks and hang them or put them away. I need to buy some more diapers and wipes to stock up a little bit. I have to go through the non-clothing things we have for her and put it away. It just feels like so much. Not to mention hang up her name letters above her crib, that I painted. And buy a stand for her name plaque I made. I also want to get a wooden frame to paint and put the butterfly from her valance in it, since we won't ever use the valance that came with the bedding set. I remember nesting by this point with Dillon, but it feels like I will never get that energy this time around. Of course being sick doesn't help at all or the fact I've been sick every single month, for weeks at a time, since I got pregnant.

Today are the championship games for football. The winners of these go to the SuperBowl. I kind of want the Steelers to win, as they are our team. But at the same time I have my reasons that I kind of don't want them to win. We shall see I guess. It's anyone's game today.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment