Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Big News

I know it's been several days since I updated. I've just been so exhausted and then Dillon and I started getting sick. He seems to have gotten better from it but I am feeling worse each day.

Yesterday I had really wanted to blog, but with the excitement of the big ultrasound and talking to friends and family...it just didn't happen. Not to mention I had 3 hours, by the time I said enough chatting, to complete two final papers for my classes and turn them in. Finals can't be turned in late so I had to work my butt off despite being exhausted. I managed to get them done and I think they turned out really well. I hope anyway.

I don't know if any of the people who "follow" this blog actually read it or not, but we found out the baby's gender yesterday :)

It's a girl! Mr and I decided on the name Maliya Rayne. It's said like mah lee ya and it's Hawaiian. And we will probably call her Liya for short (lee ya). Last night we ruled against a celebration dinner because we were so tired and had a late lunch, so we were going to take Dillon to the park. As we left it was sprinkling so I took Boog shopping with me at Target instead. He looked so heartbroken when we told him we couldn't go. So I had Mr put him in the car while I grabbed my stuff and his sippy cup.

Dillon picked out a cute button up sleeper that says "daddy's little girl" for his little baby sister. I also got another sleeper, some pants with ruffles on the butt, a pack of onesies that are pretty and colorful, a baby book, her first blanket, a long sleeved onesie that says little sister and some matching pants to go with it. I think that's it. It was fun. I can't wait to go to the swap meet and buy her some Hawaiian dresses!!

Tonight we're going to dinner to celebrate. I can't wait for my yummy hot bbq wings, celery and ranch. I just hope I can taste it seeing that I am getting sick. I'm hoping to feel better after a nap this afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. Woop Woop, it's a girl girl girl!!!!
    Kelly :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful name!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete