Saturday, October 30, 2010

Soup, Pumpkins and Excitement

Tonight I made the recipe I found for homemade chicken noodle soup. It was so good for my first time making it! Even Mr said it was really good, when he called me a bit ago from work. When he first woke up while it was finishing simmering on the stove, he said it was kind of bland. But when he called a bit ago he said it was actually really good and he thinks it just tasted bland because he had a stuffed nose when he woke up. So that made me feel good, I really didn't think he liked it and was just trying to be nice about it. I'm so happy it turned out so yummy!

Dillon and I had a busy morning. We went grocery shopping, he handed me everything we bought so I could put it away and he picked up all the plastic bags for me. So I decided to give him $5 for doing such a good job helping Mommy out. It's rough having to bend down constantly to pick up groceries from bags on the floor, let alone the bags themselves when they are empty, at almost 22 weeks pregnant! I'm so thankful he's a great helper. He's going to be such a good big brother!!

After groceries were put away we went to Target. I had to buy some candy to hand out tomorrow night after we get back from trick or treating and I also needed to get pumpkin carving booklets since I kept forgetting all these weeks. They didn't have any, so we checked KMart and they didn't have any either. Bummer, oh well. We'll have to be creative with our carvings is all. We're going to be carving tomorrow afternoon-ish. It stinks we can't carve a few days before so they will be out...but it's too hot and they'll rot out in one afternoon once they are carved! That's one thing I miss about Virginia, at least this time of year it wasn't sweltering.

I'm so excited to get Boog all dressed up tomorrow night for trick or treating! He's going as Joker from Dark Knight movie, with full face paint. That's what I am most excited about!! He is going to look awesome, I hope. I told Mr earlier when we spoke on the phone that I want him to help me get some good photos of Dillon after he's dressed up before we go trick or treating. I know Dad and Kelly will want to see him all decked out, not to mention other friends and family of course. But I mostly want good photos for us and for Dad and Kelly to see.

Alrighty, enough blogging tonight. I have a Spongebob Halloween dvd in right now and Boog is watching it. I'm half watching it, so far I've seen the episodes...so it's boring for me. I can't watch Spongebob over and over the way he can. I wanted to watch Casper, but when I put it on the night I bought it last week...Dillon wasn't really interested. So maybe I will watch it after he goes to bed! It's a classic and it's the night before Halloween. I would watch something scary...but Mr is working and I get paranoid enough as it is. I don't need to add to the anxiety I already deal with when he's working at night.

Oh, I almost forgot! Dillon said a new word today! I got him a happy meal from McDonald's for lunch today and I said "do you want a happy meal?" And he replied, happy!! I even recorded it, it was exciting!! I'm so proud of him and all of his progress!!!
Have a safe and Happy Halloween tomorrow night!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the soup tasted better later because a lot of times the flavors mix better the longer it sits...like lasagna is always better the 2nd day...that kind of thing...it looked really good in your pics! Can't wait to see Dil in his costume!!! Love ya!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete