I realize I did not blog yesterday, but I was really so exhausted. I had intended to though about Dillon's new word he can say, it is very exciting!
I bought him a counting book (yet another) when we were at the NEX the day before yesterday. On the very last page it has numbers one through ten on the same page. Dillon (and I) started counting them. Previously Dillon could not say 4, 7 and 8. He knows the numbers, as in what comes before and after them, but he just could not say them. When we got to the letter eight, he said eigh (eight) and it was so wonderful! I praised him and gave him hugs and kisses and we counted again several more times. He has consistantly been saying it whenever he is counting the last page in the book so I am very confident "eigh" is here to stay. Often times he will say a word and then I won't hear it again for weeks or months.
He has also been getting better with saying please. He was whispering it, which I could not tell you why for the life of me. But as of late, he is saying it aloud and it's getting clearer. Instead of psss it now sounds like pwees.
I really am so proud of him!! He is trying so hard. And he did marvelous at dinner tonight feeding himself by the way. He ate Toy Story macaroni and cheese and didn't make a mess at all. He's such a big boy now :)
Only a week and one day until the big ultrasound. I can't say that I am nervous or anything like that, I am just ready to get it over with and know. I remember with Dillon the anticipation was built up so much...but it seems I have little interest from my family (my meaning my side-not Mr's). My inlaws are pretty much the only family showing any excitement and interest, but that is just fine with me. It's still kind of hard though, not having at least my Nanna on board with some excitement....her lacking kind of takes from my excitement. I just want to know already so we can pick a name and I can buy a few things.
This coming week, starting Wednesday, is my last week of this school term. Then I will get two weeks off, thankfully. I need a break. I also need to start working on my two final papers for my classes. But right now all I can think about is going to bed and how I wish Dillon's bedtime was less than the hour and half it is from now. I didn't get a nap today so I am extra tired.
At least last night I bought a bunch of scrapbooking materials. I just need to order prints and I can get Dillon's scrapbook caught up, as well as his baby book. All that needs are photos from pregnancy and a few from his first year and then birthdays. I also bought a memory book for school. It starts with preschool and goes all the way to 12th grade and has a page for graduation photos. It was well worth the $25 it cost. Memories have no price on them.
Yay for new words! Good luck on the two final papers you have to write. I am so glad those days are far behind me.
ReplyDeleteI am giving you an award head on over to my blog to check it out.
www.livingjustlikegrandma.com
Don't let anyone take your excitement away!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!! HEHEEEEEEE! Love you, Kelly
ReplyDelete